The Old Stables B&B’s response to the situation regarding COVID-19
We are now able to open our doors again and wanted to let you know how we will proactively respond to the COVID-19 outbreak.
We are fortunate that here in the South-West the virus has not affected us as much as other areas. We pride ourselves on excellent levels of cleanliness and we will continue to uphold our usual high standards.
These notes are subject to change as new guidance is issued, particularly where they relate to the wearing of PPE.
If you are concerned about an existing booking, please do not hesitate to contact us on 01749 880635 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Deciding whether to book a stay
If you are undecided as to whether to book a stay with us, we hope that these notes will help:
- We will be opening up 2 of our 3 rooms for the remainder of 2020. One room is on the ground floor and the other on the first floor. This gives adequate social distancing for both parties staying.
- We will endeavour to stagger breakfast times to enable better social distancing.
- All surfaces and touchpoints will be thoroughly cleaned and disinfected after each stay. The dining room and general areas of the house will continue to be cleaned daily to at least the required standards.
- Hand sanitiser will be available for guest use in-room and in our dining room.
- We will inform you immediately if either of us has had to self-isolate within 2 weeks of your arrival date.
- We are asking all guests to contact us up to two weeks after your stay if you have had to self-isolate so that we can manage communications to anyone who has a future booking.
- To facilitate contact tracing, we will ask all guests to complete the guest registration form on arrival and we will retain your contact details on our booking database.
During your stay
- If you need assistance with luggage please let us know on arrival and we will help you with it in a safe way.
- We have revised our breakfast offering as follows, so please note that it may take a little longer than usual:
- The breakfast buffet table may not contain all the items that it normally does. For instance, we will be offering individual portions for cereals, pastries will be available to order directly to your table as will fruit and yogurt.
- We will only set tables up when you arrive for breakfast.
- Milk, juice, jams and condiments will be served in individual containers on your table.
- We want you to feel as comfortable and safe as possible whilst you are with us, so we are currently not entering rooms during guest stays. Therefore we are no longer cleaning and servicing rooms during your stay with us. We are more than happy to replace dirty crockery, give you clean towels, replenish your biscuit and sweet jar, refill your milk and water, supply tea, coffee and sugar and remove rubbish. We will check with you at breakfast as to what you need.
- We have plentiful supplies of soap and handwash, however if you would prefer to use antibacterial hand gel then please bring some with you.
- It may be necessary to make a late change of room for your stay if we are required to close a room for a period of time.
After your stay
Our only request after you leave is that you let us know immediately if you have to self-isolate within 2 weeks of leaving. This will enable us to manage communications with contact tracers.
Cancellation and Curtailment
Our cancellation policy will stay the same i.e. 7 days prior to arrival, so you can cancel up to a week before your stay without incurring any costs. Should you decide to cancel within the 7 days, we will not refund your deposit. However, we will be more than happy to transfer your deposit to a later date. We hope that you understand this position – we are a small business and we need to manage our cash flow.
If you come and stay with us but decide to cut your stay short due to coronavirus concerns, we will take payment for the period that you have stayed plus a small charge for costs already incurred as a direct result of your arrival (i.e. breakfast costs). We will not charge you the nightly rate for nights on which you have not stayed.
As per our standard Terms and Conditions, we always advise that you take out travel insurance if you are concerned that you may need to cancel.
If you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to give us a call on 01749 880635
Aly & Simon
The Old Stables Bed & Breakfast, Chelynch, Shepton Mallet, BA4 4PY, Somerset
Last updated 24th June 2020