The Old Stables B&B’s response to the situation regarding COVID-19
As soon as we are able to open our doors again here is how we will proactively respond to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic.
We have been awarded the official Visit England ‘Good to Go’ Industry Standard which means that we have followed government and industry COVID-19 guidelines, we have a Risk Assessment in place and a process to maintain cleanliness and aid social distancing. There will of course be a few differences, but as always we want you to enjoy a relaxing stay with us so we will be keeping things as normal as we possibly can.
We are fortunate that here in the South-West the virus has not affected us as much as other areas. We pride ourselves on excellent levels of cleanliness and we will continue to uphold our usual high standards.
These notes are subject to change as new guidance is issued, particularly where they relate to the wearing of PPE.
If you are concerned about an existing booking, please do not hesitate to contact us on 01749 880635 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Deciding whether to book a stay
If you are undecided as to whether to book a stay with us, we hope that these notes will help:
- We will be opening up all 3 rooms for 2021. One room is on the ground floor and the other two are on the first floor serviced by individual stair cases. This gives adequate social distancing for all parties staying.
- There will be no regular communal cold breakfast buffet. All items will be served directly to you on request.
- All surfaces and touchpoints will be thoroughly cleaned and disinfected after each stay. The dining room and general areas of the house will continue to be cleaned daily to at least the required standards.
- Hand sanitiser will be available for guest use in-room and in our dining room.
- We will inform you immediately if either of us has had to self-isolate within 2 weeks of your arrival date.
- We are asking all guests to contact us up to two weeks after your stay if you have had to self-isolate so that we can manage communications to anyone who has a future booking.
- To facilitate contact tracing, we will ask all guests to complete the guest registration form on arrival and we will retain your contact details on our booking database.
- UPDATED: Local COVID alert levels set out information for local authorities, residents and workers about what to do and how to manage the outbreak in their area. Local COVID alert levels are called ‘tiers’ or known as a ‘local lockdown’. Please do remember that if you are booked to travel from an area classed as “Tier 3” or “very high” the current Government advisory is that you should not travel out of your local area. If you find yourself in this position, please call us on 01749 880635 to let us know if you need to cancel. You will not be subject to a cancellation fee in this situation.
DURING YOUR STAY:
We have revised our breakfast service as follows:
We may need to set up one individual table in addition to our main dining table so as to ensure adequate social distancing if all three rooms are booked.
Breakfast buffet items e.g. cereals, fruit, yoghurt and pastries will be provided as individual portions and served to your table. These will be available to order on our Breakfast pre-order form that you will find in your room.
Milk, juice, jams and condiments will be served in individual containers on your table.
We will still be offering our fabulous breakfasts so don’t worry that you’ll miss out on enjoying our full farmhouse or any of our breakfast specials!
We want you to feel as comfortable and safe as possible whilst you are with us, so we will not be entering rooms during guest stays unless there is an emergency.
To help protect your ‘bubble’, we won’t be doing room tidies for stays of 5 nights or less so there will be no cleaning and servicing rooms during your stay with us. We are more than happy to replace dirty crockery, give you clean towels, replenish your biscuit and sweet jar, refill your milk and water, supply tea, coffee and sugar and remove rubbish. We will check with you at breakfast as to what you need.
We have plentiful supplies of soap and handwash, however if you would prefer to use antibacterial hand gel then please bring some with you.
Late change of Room
It may be necessary to make a late change of room for your stay if we are required to close a room for a period of time.
Developing Covid-19 Symptoms whilst staying with us
If you should develop Covid-19 symptoms whilst you are staying with us, please let us know by text or email immediately. Provided it is safe for you to drive, according to government guidelines you are required to return home and get tested. Please let us know ASAP the result of that test, as if your test is positive we will need to isolate the room for 72 hours.
AFTER YOUR STAY:
After your stay with us we would kindly ask that you let us know immediately if you have to self-isolate within 2 weeks of leaving. This will enable us to manage communications with contact tracers.
Cancellation and Curtailment
Our cancellation policy will stay the same i.e. 7 days prior to arrival, so you can cancel up to a week before your stay without incurring any costs. Should you decide to cancel within the 7 days, we will not refund your deposit. However, we will be more than happy to transfer your deposit to a later date. We hope that you understand this position – we are a small business and we need to manage our cash flow.
If you come and stay with us but decide to cut your stay short due to coronavirus concerns, we will take payment for the period that you have stayed plus a small charge for costs already incurred as a direct result of your arrival (i.e. breakfast costs). We will not charge you the nightly rate for nights on which you have not stayed.
As per our standard Terms and Conditions, we always advise that you take out travel insurance if you are concerned that you may need to cancel.
If you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to give us a call on 01749 880635
Aly & Simon
The Old Stables Bed & Breakfast, Chelynch, Shepton Mallet, BA4 4PY, Somerset
Last updated 26 March, 2021